Friday, May 29, 2009

Green Day Wallpaper

Today's post takes us back to June 17, 2007. It was right around the time when I was starting to get bored with the blend challenge forum I had been entering contests in, so I decided to make one last wallpaper for there and then call it quits. This wallpaper is kind of the pinnicle of about 3 years of experimenting by myself in Photoshop, before I started RISD and started getting actual design training. While there are definitely things I hate about it now, such as the lack of focal point and the abundance of overly decorative type, I still have a soft spot in my heart for it. I do think I managed to create a pretty nice texture for the photos, and it could be the starting point for a whole promotional campaign (with many major changes, of course). I don't feel like looking up the typefaces, but they were all from dafont.com.

If you guys have any thoughts, please let me know! I recently went through my old hard drive and pulled out some stuff I thought was still fairly decent, so there will be a couple posts coming up with stuff that's 1 or 2 years old. I hope you guys like them; no one has seen most of this stuff in years. I'm kind of nervous showing it, but I don't have much new stuff to post, so hopefully this will suffice.

Without further ado, here is that wallpaper:



(Click to make it bigger)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, how I love me some Green Day. I made wallpapers back in the day, too, but I had really crappy software that came with my digital camera, so I really couldn't do much. I can't wait to take my first graphic design class in the fall. Aaand, I can't wait to see more of your work on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog!
    Thanks,
    Green Business

    ReplyDelete