Friday, July 2, 2010

Collaging

Lately, probably because I've been spending so much time on the computer at work, I've really felt the urge to work with my hands and make something non-digital. So, I decided to cut up and collage two New York Times Style magazines. I have all the Style magazines going back years, but I never really look at them anymore. So my thinking is, if I collage the images I like, I can get rid of the clutter of magazines I never read while getting way more out of them than just paper sitting on a shelf. I haven't collaged in ages, which kind of shows in these compositions I put together, but I think they came out alright. It's nice that it's really easy to do - all you need is a big sketchbook, scissors, glue, and a brush to put the glue down in a more controlled way. Hopefully I'll have time to do more of these soon, and I'll be posting them here when I do.

(click the images to see them larger)







1 comment:

  1. Interesting. It appears to have the direction of a clock. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete