Thursday, January 28, 2010

YouTube Wallpaper

When I made my 1000 Subscribers video, I decided to also give everyone a little gift to thank them for subscribing. So, I took a few hours and designed this wallpaper using the lyrics that I wrote for A Whole New YouTube.

I didn't really have much of a plan going into it, I just decided to throw myself in and see where it ended up. I used Serifa 45 Light and 75 Black, and I think this is the first time I've actually used that font. Originally I was going to use Rockwell, but it just felt too heavy for the look I was going for, and Serifa Light seemed like it fit better. The background wasn't always red; in fact, it was white until about halfway through. But then when I tried the red it seemed to bring more variety to the design since I could play with different shades of red, and white and black text next to each other. I think it kind of ended up looking like some Coca-Cola designs, which I absolutely love.

Let me know if you have any comments or questions!

Wallpaper:


Print quality: Right click and save link as

3 comments:

  1. great! and a nice way to thank your subscribers.
    good call not using rockwell, would have been too much western style

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS7xDS24GGE&feature=sub

    Harry Potter LOLage.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you drink Pepsi or Coke?
    PARTICIPATE IN THE POLL and you could win a prepaid VISA gift card!

    ReplyDelete