Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DFTBA Button

A few weeks ago, Alan Lastufka messaged me on Skype and asked me to design a button for DFTBA Records saying "Imagine me complexly." Seeing as how it was the end of summer and I really wanted to procrastinate from packing, I did it right away, and a few hours later presented him with this design which is now available for purchase on dftba.com.



I don't have all that much to say about it, since it is fairly simple. The typeface I ended up using is ITC Goudy Sans Std Black, which I mostly picked because the A is so beautiful. I played around with adding imagery to the button as well, and I tried to put together a version where the words were sort of sitting in grass, to reference Paper Towns, but it ended up being too complicated of a design for such a small object. I'm not sure if I like how much the "me" stands out, since "complexly" is probably the most imporant word there, but the difference in the number of letters was so great that this ended up being the most aestethically pleasing solution. Please go buy the button pack to support DFTBA Records, and thanks again for reading this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I received my buttons today (yay!) and this is my favorite one. :)

    ReplyDelete